Friday, November 6, 2009

Cheri DiNovo is my neighbour and I'm proud of it

I have this thing with coincidences and I don't know if it's just me being attentive to them or if it's like some useless superpower I have. My latest coincidence happened last week while I was returning home and I happened to see a neighbour, who lives four houses away, on the sidewalk with her English Bull Terrier. This neighbour happened to be Cheri DiNovo who is the MPP (Member of Provincial Parliament) for my riding and though I knew she lived on the street, I'd never had the opportunity to say hello to her.

So, I stopped and we chatted and I patted her happy pup and then I continued on.

That night, as I was blog surfing, I read on FROGDOG BLOG that a Private Member's Bill is going to be presented at Queen's Park, the provincial legislature, on Wednesday, November 18th between 10am and 11:30 to try to remove the breed specific portions of the Dog Owner's Liability Act. In other words, some brave politician is going to try to get rid of Ontario's anti-Pit Bull law and it turns out that politician is Cheri DiNovo.

How cool is that?

Finally, someone in a real position to help is standing up for the dog owners of Ontario who don't want to see their loved ones arbitrarily plucked out of their hands and killed by local animal control.

I phoned Cheri's office and arranged a short sidewalk interview with her for today. Turns out she knows quite a bit about the issue and I'll be posting up what she has to say about it tomorrow.

More coincidences like this one, please.

5 comments:

Meaghan Edwards said...

This lady seriously, seriously rocks.

Ian said...

That`s good news.
Hopefully something can be done to help these poor dogs.

Social Mange said...

Bless Cheri DiNovo for standing up against an unfounded, unjust, inhumane, vague, shoddy and fiscally irresponsible law that legislates law-abiding people into second-class citizenship and kills unoffending dogs solely on the basis of their looks.

Social Mange said...

MCGUINTY LIBERALS SUCK.

Heather B said...

Please tell Ms. DiNovo that she has plenty of support out here in the real world. Thank her for me .
Anytime she wants backup, I bet we all would be there for her.
McSquinty has to go and soon. Why cant we fire him?? The dogs dont have time to wait for an election.