Friday, September 18, 2009

Toronto Animal Services Friday Review, Sept 18

Luna

Luna is a Doberman crossed with a laughing Hyena by the looks of her. She's whip smart and wants to be buddies with everyone but she's got a wild streak in her which will have to be properly tempered by an experienced owner.


Fidel

Fidel, a Field Spaniel, is my childhood ideal of a dog's dog. Goofy, furry, fun and full of energy. He loves ducks but I don't think ducks love him.


Emmy

Is Emmy a Pug? A Puggle? An Pugnificent accident? I don't know. All I know is that when you see her face, you're going to want to squeeze it.


Dakota

Dakota is a sorta Beagle, very well mannered and friendly and gets along with other dogs no problem.


Brutus

Brutus is a quasi German Shepherd. He's in his long, gangly stage with loping limbs but his face is still very much puppy and he's very affectionate. There's a long scar across the top of his muzzle, the result of a too tight head harness perhaps.


Rhonda

Rhonda is a way too skinny Rottweiler. She's wonderful around people but likes little critters a bit too much if you know what I mean.

This batch of dogs rescued from Montreal and transported to Toronto by:
For adoption information on these and other dogs (and cats and other animals), please visit Toronto Animal Services.

Update on Emmy here.

Update on Luna here.

4 comments:

Marcie said...

I can't wait until next October, were buying a house & I'll be getting another dog. Love the pictures!

Lynda said...

This is why I read your blog - cause it's about the dogs. Thanks!!

Heather B said...

You dont know how happy it makes me when you bring in dogs from Quebec.
We hear such horror stories from there . Saving these babies from an unnecessary death is what rescue is all about. I applaud you and all the staff at TAS. I believe that you have room because your adoptions are in good shape. And I also believe you don`t let a dog go to the bridge , unless its absolutely necessary.
thanks for the pics. If I had a million dollars I`d bring Brutus home with me.

Unknown said...

I got to spend some time with Emmy today and she is a doll. She's great on leash and is eager to do whatever you ask of her - sit, stay, wait before you cross the street, etc.
She's a happy dog who appreciated any praise given to her and was more than happy to sit next to me when we took a short rest during our walk. She even gave me some cute slobbery kisses.
Emmy is a sweet dog that anyone would be lucky to have.