Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Update 2 on someone else's dog (Livi)

from Emily, Livi's owner:


[Livi] is doing so much better all the time. She gets SO MUCH EXERCISE to the point where, if you can believe it, she actually sits down at home! She either goes to her big doggie bed or slumps on the floors with her hind legs stretched out behind her which is immediately followed by a huge exhale through her nose - so it goes something like "Ker-PLUNK!...HUUUUUHHHHHHHHH...!!!" She has already lost quite a bit of weight as she is on a healthy CONTROLLED (LOL!!!) diet and plenty of walking, running around and playing - though she certainly still tries to find any morsel of food on the floors, don't kid yourself! She has, however, recently discovered that my foster cat's food is up on a high table and every so often, the odd piece of kitty kibble falls off so that has become a routine part of Livi's 'sweep' several times a day! She has also learned that sometimes a tiny little dab of batter or something that I'm cooking/baking will splash onto the floor so whenever I'm cooking or baking (which is quite often!), she sits right at my feet for HOURS just waiting waiting waiting for a little something to splash, drip or fall which is IMMEDIATELY licked up! I'm telling you, I just have to laugh whenever I think about her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like I previously said
I love the updates and I also see she`s grown antlers.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ian...Emily's friend here...those are not antlers, they are horns... Seriously, have you ever seen a happier dog...she doesn't even mind that Emily stuck those ridiculous things on her head. As I was telling Fred, Emily even has the obnoxious foster cat under her sway. Gotta love that girl man...she is one in a bagillion.....she doesn't ponder, wonder, hesitate, waffle...she just acts and follows through. I am so glad she is my friend.....

Lynda said...

I like the updates too! Keep 'em coming, Fred!

Anonymous said...

Me too. Love the updates Fred, so encouraging!!!!Livi is getting right into the holliday spirit, what a doll!

Susan